Re: question

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Wade Hampton wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm not sure I subscribed to this list.  If I did, it
> must have been long ago, but I never saw any traffic and
> must have forgotten about it.  Needless to say, me be
> rather confused with the subscription notice that hath
> arrived in me in box....
>
> What is the purpose of the speechio list?

The speechio list is mostly related to speechd, which implements
/dev/speech.  www.speechio.org
You're right though, looks like you never were actually
subscribed to the list.

I basically grepped an old mail folder for ^From: to get the list of
people who subscribed to this list.  I had apparently forwarded something
from you to the list.  This is what I forwarded to the list that my grep
cought: