[SpeechIO-142] Re: FT: speechd / flow control (was: Re: flow control / festival-talknotworking ?)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Richard Caley wrote:

> > >  > I would like to be able to do some flow control, but nothing that I read
> > >  > off of the socket connection is sent after the speech is finished.
>
> Otherwise, doesn't putting festival into synchronous audio mode help?
>
> 		(audio_mode sync)

Wow, I wish I had like, seen that when I first read this when you posted
it.  Just looked it up, looks like it's probably exactly what I'm looking
for.  Thanks.

Hmm... more I think about it the more I have a feeling I'll eventually end
up getting festival to feed speechd waveforms.... but synchronous mode
should be an easier place to start.
          Join the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm