Re: [SpeechIO-50] EOFs (was: Re: [SpeechIO-12] speechd v0.39)

> Well, I believe I've done the exact same thing on /dev/speech while
> running speechd, and have had no disconnections.

I don't have sound on my laptop, so I can't try it for real, but I tried
changing the $cmd to 'cat', and when I do the following:

[u@h d]$ speechd
[u@h d]$ cat > /dev/speech
sdf
sdf
^D

speechd goes nuts, and just loops as quickly as it can...I think this is
because at line ~302 [my $text = <FIFO>;] is failing, but nothing
checks the read to see if it failed...this is kind of the same behavior
I was getting using the cats and my own fifo.

The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it.
    -- John Gilmore