Re: [SpeechIO-86] Some suggestions regarding speechd directories

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 04:35:06PM -0400, Darxus wrote:
> Then copy the speechd start/stop script to $INITDIR, and simlink it to the
> following files on all distributions that had one of the 2 above
> directories:
>
> /etc/rc0.d/K20speechd
> /etc/rc1.d/K20speechd
> /etc/rc2.d/S20speechd
> /etc/rc3.d/S20speechd
> /etc/rc4.d/S20speechd
> /etc/rc5.d/S20speechd
> /etc/rc6.d/K20speechd
>
> I believe those 7 directories are the same on all SysV style init
> systems ?  Or more accurately, I'm guessing.  Does anybody know ?

Red Hat actually has a program that does this...'chkconfig'.  And the
directories are located at /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/ etc.  I wrote a chkconfig
script for Red Hat (Attached)...but it's not really done yet ("speechd
status" doesn't work since the program name in 'ps' shows up as 'perl -w
speechd').  It can be added to startup with 'chkconfig --level 2345
speechd on' after it's placed in /etc/rc.d/init.d

--
Michael Matsumura
michael@limit.org