Re: [SpeechIO-52] perl_festival_client / speech.irc nolonger needscatspeech

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Josh Miller wrote:

> http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/sable.html
> festival supports v.02 of the sable text markup language. (at least festival
> 1.3 and up)
> sable has tags for emphasis, pauses, breaks, and a lot of other things for use
> in the tts system. They've also got one labled as "ENGINE"
> >taken from the sable_spec2.html page:

Didn't want you to feel ignored.  I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't
really feel that it's something we want to do w/ speechd.  But I incourage
to to follow the great tradition of opensource, implement it as you see
fit, submit your changes to the maintainer (me), and if they're not added
to the main source to your satisfaction, fork the tree :)

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Kyle Burton wrote:

> I'll keep pressing my point untill the thread dies (and I might continue
> afte that :)  Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just opinionated on stuff
> like this.  I won't fork the software, I'll continue to try to play nice.

I'd incourage you to do both -- get us to understand your point and, if
you feel that it is necessary, fork the tree.  But I really don't expect
that to happen.  I think we all want pretty much the same thing, and agree
that we can achieve more together.