Re: [SpeechIO-28] /'s in Speechd.sub

> > PS: The speechd works great, except for a little bit of speech overlap
>
> Are you using esd ?  esd agitates the problem, which is a result of the
> fact that I can't do any kind of flow control with festival.  There is no
> "okay, I'm done speaking what you just submitted" signal returned that I
> could wait for before sending more.  That is... bad, in my opinion.
> I actually don't have the latest version of festival (there isn't a debian
> package yet, and I prefer to wait).  If the latest version does not have
> this feature, I will definately be attempting to talk to the creators of
> festival about it.

Yes, I assumed this had something to do with esd, as soon as creative
releases drivers for sblive w/ SMP support, I'll move it to one of the
/dev/dsp's.  BTW, your use esd flag breaks down with the shell scripts in
festival 1.4 (the newest... I grabbed it and compiled it yesterday).  I
basically hacked their festival script to call esddsp. I can fix this by
putting the real festival bin in the search path, but you might be
concerned with how shell scripts effect esddsp.  Maybe you can get away
with running esddsp bash -c festival.

> Actually, if one of you people who've installed the latest version (check
> version #s on the festival site if you don't know) could run speechd w/ a
> -f (run in forground) and paste me some output (I'm looking for the lines
> starting w/ "festival:"), that could help a lot.

Yup, here it is, prolly a bit more that you want (oh and uh, dont ask ;):

Called use_festival_SayText.
Line: 1
Input:  limpdick says woo hoo, i can talk
Output: limpdick says woo hoo, i can talk
Festival: LP
Line: 2
Input:  limpdick says lotsa lots speech
Output: limpdick says lotsa lots speech
Festival: #<Utterance 0x40552fd8>
ft_StUfF_keyOK
Line: 3
Input:  limpdick says unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf
unf
Output: limpdick says unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf unf
unf
Festival: LP
#<Utterance 0x406bd6d8>
ft_StUfF_keyOK