Re: [SpeechIO-28] /'s in Speechd.sub

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Posh Spice wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it just me, or do lines in speechd.sub like:
>         'd/l'=> 'download',
>
> not actually work?

That's correct.  String substitution is currently only capable of
replacing strings of all letters.  Since "/" is not a letter, string
substitution would look as "d" & "l" as 2 different strings, and ignore
the "/".

The current implimentation is done in what I consider a really
clean/eligant/efficant way, using hash table lookups.

To "fix" this problem, I believe I'd have to do it much less efficiently.
Using a foreach & doing a regex replacement for every key in the hash on
every line submitted to speechd.

I can do this.  I suppose I should add a commandline flag/config file
variable.  It's not like every PC that can handle festival/rsynth would
have any problem w/ the CPU load.

It's just the ineligance that bothers me :)

Thanks for bringing this up.