[SpeechIO-18] Speechd goes FreeBSD (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 03:58:26 -0500 (CDT)
From: The Axon <axon@axon.jccc.net>
To: darxus@op.net
Subject: Speechd goes FreeBSD

I took the liberty of making Speechd work on my FreeBSD laptop.  I *LOVE*
IT!  Anyhow, FreeBSD uses root.wheel on it's chmods, and it uses
"mkfifo <file>" instead of Linux's "mknod <file> p" convention.  I also
added a line (and recognition in speechd) to speechdrc called
"$rsynthflags" that allows the user to specify "say" options (such as
"-x n" for frequency and "-f <ms>" for frame speed.  In the default
speechdrc, rsynth is default.  These are only fruits of some of my spare
time (i.e. this is just a work for you to play with... my humble
suggestions in other words).  Please feel free to clean this up how you
want it and distribute it if you wish.  I'm crap at coding, but alright at
modifying existing code.

Let me know how it goes!

--Axon