[SpeechIO-10] Re: speechd (implementation of /dev/speech) + speech enabling InternetRelay Chat script (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 04:08:40 +0200 (CEST)
From: Hans Zoebelein <hzo@goldfish.cube.net>
To: Darxus <darxus@op.net>
Subject: Re: speechd (implementation of /dev/speech) + speech enabling Internet
    Relay Chat script

Hi Darxus,

I have posted the speechd announcement to blinux-announce and blinux-list.
I'm happy that you are working on a speech server. Did you look into
mbrdico? Primarily planned as 'a speaking lexicon' it has IMHO great
potential as a text to speech engine. It uses a learning algorythm to
learn a language.

Mbrdico can be downloaded at http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrdico/

At the moment it is somewhat slow because it loads its decision tree every
time it is called. Splitting it up into a server which is loaded once and
a client which feeds the server should make it blazingly fast.

--Hans
(maintainer blinux-lists)