Re: [Speech-34] Re: use with esd? (fwd)

Has much work been done to play a MIDI instrumental
file simultaneous with a .WAV or .MP3 vocal ?

AND keep the two time synchronized?

In other words, is the web working towards a
reasonably broadly understood open standard
whereby some composers could work with
complex musical instrumentals in MIDI while other
artists could record and digitise in the likes of
.WAV, .MP3 and Real Audio the to be synchronized
lyrics files?