[Speech-34] Re: use with esd? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 13:05:50 -0400
From: Wade Hampton <whampton@staffnet.com>
To: Darxus <darxus@op.net>
Subject: Re: use with esd?

Darxus wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Wade Hampton wrote:
>
> > Any idea how to use festival and speechd when ESD is
> > running?
>
> Haven't done it in a while -- I broke esd on my machine.  I'll add a flag.
>
> Before loading speechd, load festival as "esddsp festival --server".  I
> think.  It's been a while.
WORKED!

I played an MP3, a WAVE file, and cat'ed a short file to /dev/speech
ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Now I can setup scripts to output text to /dev/speech and they should
work even when I am using the audio for other purposes (like MP3)!

I think I'll subscribe to the mailing list....

Thanks,
--
W. Wade, Hampton  <whampton@staffnet.com>

Linux is new, it's come out of nowhere, it's free. Hard to beat that
price. And it's taking marketshare left and right.

--Microsoft's lawyer, in closing argument, Bristol v. Microsoft,
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/bti/07-15closing.htm