Re: [Speech-13] test

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Kyle Burton wrote:

> are you talking about the dropped lines?  is this related to it?  something
> that happess due to data being sent to the fifo while the script is in
> the process of sleeping to prevent the race condition

No.  I saw this once on my machine recently.  It seems like, sometimes the
socket connection between speechd & festival breaks.  Then the next time
speechd tries to write to that socket connection, it crashes with a broken
pipe error.

If it's what I think it is, I figure it should be easy to fix.  Instead of
dieing whenever a write to the socket fails, just reconnect....

But I really wanna release this.  Maybe I'll fix that bug tonight, but I
really like the "release early, release often" thing -- the more people
that have it, the more people that might fix it.  The only reason that I
haven't released it until now is the almost total lack of proper
documentation.

I'm in the middle of the freshmeat submission form this very moment.  I'll
also do speech.irc right after that.