Re: ircspeak + speechd + speech.irc (fwd)

                        You do not exist.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 00:29:57 +0000 (GMT)
From: Gareth Watts <gareth@omnipotent.net>
To: Darxus <darxus@Op.Net>
Subject: Re: ircspeak + speechd + speech.irc

If speechd progressed to a more generally useful stage then I don't see
why ircspeak couldn't use it to offload it's work :-)

I'm quite happy to help towards that goal.. I don't think the end result
should be overly complicated though.. After all, all it really needs to do
is take text and feed it through to a speech backend, possibly
pre-processing the text on the way..

With that in mind, perhaps a suggested feature list would help us focus on
a target of some sorts..

As it stands at the moment, I think your idea of speechd was to accept
(possibly multiple) connections on a socket of one kind or another and
feed the supplied text to the speech synthesiser.  IIRC you also wanted to
be able to assign "priority levels" to different streams and allow the
user to select which synth to user if more than one was available.

Was there anything else to add to the list?