speech support for slashes

We've been doing some neet stuff with speech synthesis.  You can find it
at http://www.op.net/~darxus/speech.  I have been wanting to do a speech
ticker, and was using your code as a reference, but then decided to just
add to your code instead.  The following is a diff between your slashes.pl
& a modified version w/ speech synthesis support.

5a6,8
> # Dec 11 19:31:11 1998 darxus@op.net added speech support requiring speechd:
> #                      http://www.op.net/~darxus/speech
> #
232a236,237
>     open SPEECH, ">/dev/speech" or die "Error opening /dev/speech for writing  $!\n";
>     print SPEECH "slash dot news";
235a241
>       print SPEECH "$title";
238a245
>     close SPEECH;

Obnoxiously easy, eh ?  :)

The whole thing can be found at the above mentioned speech page.

Would love to have you join our group.... info on our mailing list is
on our speech page.

Would be nice to add code to this to only speak new headlines, as well as
a command line option to enable speech.

Please let me know what you think....