found speech recognition

http://werner.ira.uka.de/~kiecza/kde/

"KVoiceControl is a speech recognition system that allows the user to
connect spoken commands to unix commands.  It automagically detects
signals coming from a microphone then performs recognition on this speech
input and in case of successful recognition executes the unix command the
user hooked up to it."

"By the way, I started to write this program during the preparation for an
examination (that included a course on speech recognition). As it seemed
to work quite well I hacked a KDE interface around it and there it was."

Did a search on www.freshmeat.net for "speech", found festival & this.